Friday, March 12, 2010

Staleness and Stagnantism abounds.

Normally this would be the post where I go on and on about how excited I am that we get a whole week off of school all next week, with caps and exclamation points galore.  But as nice as a good old fashion break from all the stresses of school always is no matter what, this time around I kind of find myself not particularly looking forward to it all that much, like I normally do.

As of before just this past Wednesday I thought I was going to have plenty to be exited for to spend my spring break doing.  But unfortunately fate as it would seem has decided to give me the nice ol' middle finger yet again as the Weber State men's basketball team fails us all, if but ever so slightly, but ever so slightly enough that there will be no free band trip to the NCAA tournament.  Add onto that the fact that in what seems to be such a short amount of time I've come from having what seemed to be a ton of really great, wonderful friends on such a scale that it seemed like everyone and their dog wanted to do something with me over winter break to public enemy number one with probably more than half of those same people - and a tiny pinch of typical single person disappointment when a girl you talked to on the bus earlier this afternoon really, really hit it off with you, exchanged cell phone numbers with you and everything, texted you for hours on edge when you both got home, even went as far as to make plans to hang out with you over the break only to let you know that they are already taken - and you have yourself a nice old recipe for death by boredom.

Oh well, at least that aforementioned girl gave me at least something to do over the break anyways.  And who knows, maybe Peter and the gang will come up with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment