Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Apparently I'm a nice guy.......

I had kind of a reasuring experience in my math class today.  There's this one girl who typically sits next to me in that class who also on the other side of her typically has this other guy who sits next to her that she usually likes to talk to a lot.  She does talk to me sometimes, but she's a lot more..... friendly, so to speak with the other guy.

Well today that guy was sitting somewhere else in the room, so she was kind of left to sit next to just me.  So naturally she was talking to me a lot more than she usually does.  Mostly just along the lines of class related stuff, what we were learning/taking notes about, upcoming tests/assignments and whatnot.  And I guess I was kind of helpful to her as we were talking about the material.  I did however offer her my sheet that listed the next assignment that was due that we got at the beginning of the class though.  She showed up pretty late, and there was a pile of those sheets up on the front table anyways, so I was just going to take one from that.

But anyways, at one point in the middle of the class she told me that she thought I was a pretty nice guy, a heck of a lot nicer than that other guy at least, who she said she thought was a complete jerk.  I must say, that really made my day when she said that. 8-) Of course I persnally don't think she's really my type or anything like that, but it was still a pretty awesome moment for me nonetheless. 8-)

4 comments:

  1. I love that "you're a nice guy" comment. For most guys, it's a good thing to hear. For me, however, it's usually the death sentence. I don't ever hear a girl tell me I'm a "nice guy" unless it's followed by "but I just want to be friends".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess it's different for me because a lot of the girls I've really liked, typically the kind of girl I'd fall for really, truly do want to be with nice guys. Now I have had the boot as a perfectly nice guy for a guy who's not so great before, that's for sure. But for me it's typcially tended to be more along the lines of me being a really great, really nice guy, but not as much as this other person. So it's always a real good refresher to know that I'm not nearly as bad as I sometimes make myself out to be for that very reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did it take a girl you barely spoke to to finally understand what we were all saying?! Yeesh! You're a really nice guy, Nate, but man, your skull's too thick at times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I wouldn't necessarily say that... It's just that I have my self depricating moments (if you haven't noticed..... ;) ) and just like when you guys reassure me, this was also one of those moments where I'm able to not feel so down on myself. I just felt the need to post it on my blog because of how particularly out of the ordinary it was to have something that cool happen is all.

    But I wouldn't doubt that I'll still have my moments, this didn't change that at all. You've just got to bear with it and know that I probably don't even mean it when I say it.

    ReplyDelete