Tuesday, September 29, 2009

For Your Listening Pleasure - Backspacer by Pearl Jam


If you look over to your right you will notice that I've added an IMEEM playlist to the blog.  That is because I've decided to go ahead and try out an idea I got from Matt over on ArizUtaku.  Not entirely sure how often I'll update it with a new playlist, but I'd definitely love to try and give this a shot.

Playlist for this week will be the brand new Pearl Jam album, Backspacer.  PJ has been my all time favorite band for some time now, so naturally this is something to be very excited about for me.  I've only gotten the chance to hear just a few songs off of this album though, but from what I have heard it's not bad.  I guess I can also sort of say I'm putting it up as a tribute to the fact that they had a concert out in West Valley just last night that I regrettably didn't go see, even though I've been waiting forever for them to come through Utah sometime... ;_;


2 comments:

  1. Pearl Jam rocks. I love their stuff. Last Kiss is one of the most heart wrenching songs I've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. Last Kiss truly is a very heart wrenching song. Definitely one of my favorites, that's for sure. Black though is without a doubt my favorite, and probably what I consider to be their best song too. It's such a very poetic song, and they really poured a ton of powerful emotion into that song as well.

    I think that's what you can say about pretty much all of Pearl Jam's songs though. They have some of the most well written lyrics I've ever heard, and they have this really keen ability to really stimulate you both mentally and emotionally.

    ReplyDelete